The Contributory Aged Parent visa (Subclass 864) lets older parents live permanently in Australia if they have a child who is eligible sponsor that settled in Australia.

The Contributory Aged Parent visa (Subclass 884) is a temporary visa lets older parents live in Australia for up to Two years. This visa cannot be extended or renewed. After this visa is approved, you have two years to apply for a Subclass 864. In this way, you can spread the costs of the Contributory Parent migration over a number of years.


  • Have a child who is an Australian citizen, an Australian permanent resident or an eligible New Zealand citizen
  • Meet the age requirements
  • Have a sponsor
  • Meet the balance of family test
  • Have an accepted assurance of support (for Subclass 864 applicants)
  • Meet health and character requirements
Age requirements:
You must be at the age where you are eligible for an Age Pension in Australia. More information is available on the Department of Social Services website below:

Balance of Family test:

The balance of family test measures your ties to Australia. You meet this requirement of either:
  • At least half of your children live permanently in Australia
  • More of your children live permanently in Australia than in any other country

How much do I have to pay before getting the parent visa?

Beside the application fees, applicants are required to pay for the second visa application charge before visa grant.
The 2nd visa application charge for subclass 864: $43,600.00
The 2nd visa application charge for subclass 884: $29,130.00
If you are a visa holder of subclass 884 and applying for a subclass 864, your 2nd visa application charge would be: $19,420.00

Assurance of Support (AoS):

An assurance of support is a legal commitment to give you financial support so that you do not have to rely on social security payments. The bond is $10,000.00 for the main applicant and additional $4,000.00 for each adult family member included in your application. The bond is refunded ten years after you are granted the Contributory Parent visa.


2 years for most social security payments and 10 years for age pension payments (exemption may apply).


Processing Time:

Aged parents to Australia, Australian aged parent visa

Client Success Stories

Migration News

Contact us

Address: Unit 7 / 20 Teddington Road, Burswood, Western Australia 6100
Phone: +61 8 9325 6262
Mobile: 0428 377 080 (A/H)


Follow us on


Enquire Now

I would like information in regards to: