The Prospective Marriage/Fiancé Visa (Subclass 300) is for people who want to come to Australia to marry their prospective spouse.

Who can apply for 300 visa?

You must:
  • Intend to marry and live as husband or wife with your prospective spouse
  • Be sponsored by your prospective spouse who is an Australian Citizen, an Australian permanent resident or an eligible New Zealand citizen
  • Know you prospective spouse and have met in person
  • Meet age, health and character requirements

What do I do after I get married?

Once you are married with your prospective spouse, you need to lodge an application for a Partner visa (Subclasses 820 and 801) before your Prospective Marriage visa (Subclass 300) ends.

What is Notice of Intended Marriage Form and do I need it for the application?

A Notice of Intended Marriage must be completed and lodged with the marriage celebrant at least one calendar month before a marriage ceremony can be solemnised. This is an important document that must be included in your application as a proof that you plan to marry your prospective spouse.

How long is the visa valid for?

The visa is valid for nine months and you must marry your prospective spouse within the visa validity period.

What is the subclass 300 visa processing time?

prospective marriage processing time, partner visa processing time

Client Success Stories

Migration News

Contact us

Address: Unit 7 / 20 Teddington Road, Burswood, Western Australia 6100
Phone: +61 8 9325 6262
Mobile: 0428 377 080 (A/H)


Follow us on


Enquire Now

I would like information in regards to: